Sunday, December 18, 2005

 

First Post

Well I have to start the blog off with something, so I decided not to be creative, but instead to create a post that says absolutely nothing except that I have a post. Note the title of the blog.

As a preface, I will say that half the time I am joking around. If something seriously offends you, ask yourself "Is he serious?" before becoming offended. I'm a nice guy really. Let me know nicely if I can accomodate you, or just stop reading this blog. I want people to read it, so I'm happy to accomodate you.

I will likely refrain from the use of profanity, and if you are commenting, I ask that you do the same. I would like to think that there are still some standards of discourse left, even on the internet. Even if you don't like me, please show some self-control. Be better than me, if you want to think of it that way.

So what should you expect from this site? Well, often it will include links to thinks that I find interesting in the news or elsewhere online. I'm an active Drudge Report reader, so - hey, stop groaning! - you can expect me to find stories from there, perhaps just looking at the Washington Post or Richmond Times-Dispatch's page, or some other sources, and I'll generally own up to how I came across the page. From there, I will get political stories, bizarre stories, and other stories that just interest me.

I am also a baseball fan. My top two teams are the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Washington Nationals (hometown team at school). I'll likely pick an American League team at some point, despite the AL's inferiority; this will likely be the team that picks up Mike Piazza as the DH, even if it's the Yankees (ha!). I'll say good things, but I'll be fairly critical, and I'll also make suggestions, hoping that Ned Colletti doesn't do anything stupid, like lose Cesar Izturis.

Sometimes, I'll run across something in one of my classes, or on the internet, that's interesting that I think is worth sharing. This blog, however, is by no means one of those internet journal things. This is stuff that I am aware that I am saying in public, and is written to be insightful, informative, and entertaining.

Finally, a notification of biases. Politically, I tend to have more of a libertarian political philosophy, but that is a lower case l. I am more likely to side with Republicans, and yet be frustrated with them. Sort of like the Dodgers. Religiously, I am a Christian, and I would describe myself as a conservative reformed evangelical, and as such I am affiliated with the Presybterian Church in America (PCA). I typically won't post too many religious items, but I feel it's fair to say who I am and where I'm coming from. I am also a student at George Mason University, and am double majoring in Mathematics and Economics. Finally, as a Dodgers and Nats fan, I am generally opposed to the American League, and the San Francisco Giants in the National League.

That said, I now have a blog.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?