Monday, February 05, 2007

 

I want to tell the world that the Superbowl Ads were Awful

Here's some commentary from Yahoo! if you care to read that, but there are a couple things that went unaddressed.

1) Chevy had terrible and creepy ads. None of them were funny in the first place, but at the same time were all quite stupid. After the one with the old guys dancing around the car, I thought they were really trying to top the Whopperettes from last year (as a sidenote, the Whopperettes was funny, at least, in that Mel Brooks kind of way). But the suicidal robot was terrible. I drive a Chevy, and after those ads, I don't think I ever want to again.

2) Coca-Cola gets a big fat BOO! for not airing new ads; I had seen all of them before. If you're gonna get that many spots, you need something new. One new ad would have been better than this. I guess the fact that they can't make a decent root beer wasn't bad enough for them.

3) Budweiser's clydesdale "awwww" ad was ok, but didn't quite live up to the previous year's one. Granted, that was a tough act to follow, but still.

Honestly the Nationwide ad was one of the best ones, as was the FedEx ad, although I think my favorite was the Bud Light rock, paper, scissors one.

Labels:


Comments:
I second that. At least the actual game was much more exciting this year.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?