Monday, October 09, 2006

 

MLB - Really useless picks

Well, if you read my post last week, you'll notice that none of my picks advanced. That's right, none. Zip, zero, zilch, nada.

So we're left with these two serieses

Mets vs Cardinals

Ok, Mets. They have the lineup, and neither team has the pitching, except Carpenter for the Cards. I don't care how many squeeze bunts Larussa drops down, the Mets can power their way through.

prediction: Mets in 6

A's vs Tigers

I really don't know here. Detroit has the best defense for a staff of groundball pitchers, but Sean Casey is their 3 hitter. They have a good bottom of the lineup, though. The A's on the other hand have 3 big power guys in Thomas and Swisher, and a lineup that does a good job getting on base. This one is close to call, but I think the final blow will be Billy Beane facing down his demons as the A's are shut down by Jeremy Bonderman.

prediction: Tigers in 7

Labels: ,


Comments:
My precition:

Tigers in 4
Mets in 5
 
Your predictions are better. You got one right.

My predictions were even better. The Tigers went 4-0 (you predicted 4-3).

I saw Game Three. I don't like the A's so I was happy to see them finally lose.
 
How do you not like the A's? Sure Milton Bradley is an angry man, but he threw a bag of balls across the field in 2004. That was funny. And they have Frank Thomas. I like Oakland, personally, but I also like Detroit.

Go Verlander.
 
Oakland is a divisional rival for the Texas Rangers. Simple as that.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?